Directors & Staff
Our Camp Director is Mr. Matt. Mr. Matt has been with HotSpots since September of 2014. He’s a graduate of the University of Maryland where he completed a degree in English. He completed a 45-hour course on Child Growth and Development, a 45-hour course on School Age Child Care Curriculum, and a 45-hour Administration Certification. He also holds a certification in First Aid / CPR and Medication Administration. Before becoming the Director at Camp HotSpots, he worked for three years as a Program Director at HotSpots Extended Care Program. His passions include music, art, literature, and watching his favorite sports teams! He always enjoyed working with young people because he is motivated and inspired by molding the leaders of the future. Working with his fellow staff at HotSpots, he promise to provide a positive parent and child experience every day!
Assistant Director Bios
- Cecilia – Ms. Cecilia has a Bachelors degree in Family Science and a Masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. She has been working in the field of education for 6 years. She has experience working in a Charter School and Family Service Facility. During the school year, she is a Program Director for Hotspots Extended Care Program at Vincent Farm Elementary School.
- Specialist: We have 9 specialists on our team who are experienced and enthusiastic about their field.
- Lead Counselor: Our Lead Counselors are talented individuals who have a passion for working with school age children.
- Assistant Counselor: Our Assistant Counselors are supportive team members who help Lead Counselors ensure the safety of all campers.
- We are CPR and first aid certified, camp directors and many of the specialists are medication administration certified